FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Filament feeder wheel doesn’t turn.
- The nozzle is not heated to the required temperature.
- Filament feeder wheel slips or makes a clicking noise.
- Pressing wheel is not adjusted correctly.
- Material is not inserted correctly in the extruder.
- The nozzle is blocked by material melted due to a high temperature.
- Spool with material stops unwinding because the filament is crossed.
- Make sure that the connector of an extruder motor is connected.
- Heat the nozzle to the required temperature and push the filament through the nozzle.
- Use G3DMaker to switch off the motors, then push and pull the filament through the nozzle system by hand, so that it turns with the feeder wheel. If the movement of the feeder wheel is tough, the wheel is too much tightened. If the movement is too loose, the feeder wheel is not tightened enough and the material slips. Use a hex key to either loosen or tighten the pressing wheel thread.
- Make sure that the filament enters correctly into the nozzle system from the upper slot through the feeding wheel.
- Clean the nozzle off the melted material by dismantling it. To dismantle the nozzle, please see the instructions for nozzle exchange.
- Make sure the material is winded correctly on the spool, then insert it into the nozzle system again.
- Cable of the motor of related axis may be disconnected.
- Motor does react, but it doesn’t go to the default position because a limit switch is pressed or damaged.
- Make sure the cable is connected to the motor.
- Check the limit switch whether a conductor isn’t interrupted or if a switch isn’t pressed.
- Not a suitable model for ABS printing at this size.
- 3D glue wasn’t applied on the printing surface.
- Incorrectly leveled printing pad may cause bad adhesion of the first layer.
- “BRIM” function is off (recommended for ABS)
- Cooling of model is activated during ABS printing
- ABS model has got a lot of solid layers on the bottom
- ABS material is not suitable for a print of large models. If possible, make the model smaller or
divide it into parts.
- Spread 3D glue on the printing surface in the manner that it covers all the space where the print will be. It is required that the nozzle pushes the extrusion into a layer of glue.
- Level the printing surface so that a distance between pad and nozzle is as thin as a sheet of paper.
- Before you start printing with ABS, activate the “BRIM” function in G3DMaker. This function creates several circuits around the bottom layers which help to attach the model to the surface.
- Deactivate Automatic cooling in Printing Profiles. Automatic cooling has negative effect on
- ABS and cools down the printing pad.
- Set a lower number of solid layers in the G3DMaker.
- Message “Out of memory” displays when the RAM memory is full.
- Other types of error messages during the generation of G-code are a sign of defective places in the model.
- Use Netfabb (or another program for reparation of models) to reduce the number of triangles so that the G-code can be generated.
- Use Netfabb to repair the defective places (discontinuous triangles or lines) of the model and then try to generate the G-code again.
- Layers of print got risen by heat, this caused that nozzle touched and deflected off its
- Increase the height of “Lift Z” in G3DMaker by a few tenths of millimeter.
- Increase minimum fan speed to 60%.
- Use supports in places where rising angles cause deflection of material.
- Decrease temperature of melting if possible.
- Decrease speed of print in millimeters per second.
- “Randomize starting point” function is inactive.
- Retract parameters are set improperly.
- By activating the function “Randomize starting point” we can eliminate the effect of “scars”. Using the “Randomize starting point”, the nozzle starts each layer at a different place. If any beads appear, they are not creating continuous lines, so-called scars, but they’re randomly
placed over the surface.
- To eliminate self-leakage of material from the nozzle, use values specified in “Default printing parameters” table. This is how you can improve the quality of retract and eliminate
creation of beads on the surface of the model.